It’s the 50th anniversary of John F Kennedy’s assassination, and with commerative film release Parkland about to hit cinemas, what better time to celebrate the top 5 skull-splitting movie kills?All together now…BOOM! Headhshot!
5. JFK Assassination– Watchmen (2009)– Thanks to Zack Snyder’s Watchmen you no longer have to worry yourself with government conspiracies, nor fret over ‘magic bullets’ or multiple shooters; the Comedian did it, and then he escaped through a hole in a fence.
4. ‘Head explosion guy’– Dawn of the Dead (1978)– Refusing to open his door during the apartment clearing scene was a bad move. This poor soul gets his face blown up with a 12-gauge before he can even take his hands out of his pockets.
3. Pippin vs Isengard Orc– The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)- A magnificently aimed stoning from pipe loving Pippin sends an Orc tumbling into the abyss. A hit! A FINE hit!
2. ‘’Aw man, I shot Marvin in the face!’’ – Pulp Fiction (1994)– You know how it is; you’re sat in the car with Samuel L Jackson discussing fly on the wall TV show Cops whilst caressing your pistol, but you get a bit too enthusiastic and blow out the brains of the guy in the back seat. Unfortunate. Cops is the best show though.
1. Hand-Gun Punch – Inglorious Basterds (2009)- More Tarantino? Yep, he’s pretty good at this kind of stuff. Eli Roth’s ‘Bear Jew’ cleverly conceals a pressure activated pistol under a cloth before punching a Nazi in the face, thus triggering the mechanism and giving the wall behind his head a fresh coat of brains.