Pigs make for great pets. Easy to look after (they live in mud and will basically eat anything) and hilarious to watch, when you finally get boared -teehee- of them you can just cook them! Pigs pop up in a wide array of mainstream films though famously they refuse to work with James Cameron…they thought he was inviting them to an ‘Abattoir’.
5. Boar God – Princess Mononoke (1997)- Not satisfied with the possession of a mere human, an evil spirit goes whole hog and claims Nago the boar god. The demon soon turns this once great Pig-Lord into a rabid, writhing mass of goo.
4. Hamm – Toy Story (1995-2010)- A walking, talking piggy bank. Never put your loose change inside Hamm; he will just fritter it away on the ‘Buzz Lightyear Trading Card’ game. Apparently he is an awful cheat to boot… the swine!
3. Gamorrean Guards – Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)- Gamorreans are a tough bunch, favouring a trusty axe over fancy space-guns. If you hatch a plan to break into Jabba’s Palace, these guys will prove to be a fly in the oinkment.
2. Miss Piggy- The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)- Although the glamorous Miss Piggy is herself a puppet, she can still pull Kermit’s strings.
1. Gravity Gun pig- District 9 (2009)- The best moment in gritty sci-fi District 9. Wikus has a wealth of alien weaponry at his disposal, but to mix things up decides to blast a live pig at the enemy. Not pleasant for the animal in question but way cooler than being turned into a pack of pork scratchings.