Arm wrestling – the only way to unequivocally prove your physical and intellectual superiority over your fellow (wo)man. Below are five of the finest hand-to-hand conflicts in the known film universe.
5. Over The Top (1987) – Lincoln Hawk (Sly Stallone) has a forearm the size of a beer keg, but can the long distance trucker/ arm wrestling champ defeat his life-long adversary Bull Hurley and win back the respect of his perfectionist son? Hawk against Bull, beak against horn, wing against wildebeest… BEGIN!
4. Robot and Frank (2012) – A robot named, er, Robot is introduced to the household of senile ex- jewel thief Frank (Frank Langella). Before he can get back to full safe-cracking, swag-stashing capacity, Frank has to build up his strength. Can an 80 year old bicep withstand the piston powered fury of an android? Probably not.
3. Superman II (1980) – Raven haired villainess Ursa takes on an old grizzled local in a game that he foolishly believes to be solely in man’s domain. She slams him to the ground, table and all. For whatever reason, this video does not exist on the internet, except in a weird Spanish edit with a different ending. Enjoy.
2. Batman Begins (2005) – Liam Neeson has no respect for the holy codes of arm wrestling conduct, and can be seen here blatantly cheating. You can’t use your full body weight Raz, it’s against the rules! Batman won anyway. League of Shadows? League of Extraordinarily Weak Gentlemen, more like!
1. Predator (1987) – ‘Dillon, you son of a bitch!’ This is the most destructively powerful display of masculinity in all creation… they’re so manly, they don’t even need a table. A truly *gripping* battle, you really have to *hand* it to Dillon, but when you go against the Governator you’ll be paying for it for the *wrist* of your life. Now enjoy the best video on YouTube… Crank it up, and let the slap bass flow through your veins.